THANK YOU to ALL our 2020 volunteers! We WON thanks to YOU!
WHO WE ARE
Indivisible Evanston was founded and is led by a group of citizens who were alarmed by the 2016 election results and committed to resisting the Trump/GOP agenda. Our group was formed in the spring of 2017.
We are part of a powerful and effective grassroots Indivisible network made up of thousands of group leaders and more than a million members.
We believe our ceaseless grassroots efforts helped defeat Trump in 2020. However, we know we cannot rest.
As of January 2021, our goal is to inform, encourage and organize area citizens about federal issues, to resist regressive policies, and to promote progressive politics.
The mission of Indivisible Evanston is:
To continue to resist the ongoing threat of Trumpism to our democracy.
To ensure Democrats take advantage of their control of the three branches of the federal government to make meaningful, progressive change in our country.
To increase the number of progressive legislators in Congress.
We do not expect our members or our allies to agree on all issues, but we invite those who agree progressive change is needed to work together on issues of common concern. We seek to be as inclusive and diverse as possible, and we are committed to non-violence in all our actions.
WHAT WE DO
Indivisible Evanston informs, encourages, and organizes our members and community to take regular actions to resist the GOP's agenda, elect champions, and fight for progressive policies.
Our actions include legislative advocacy and voter outreach. We help educate our members and other voters on critical issues. During the pandemic, our actions are all virtual so you can join from anywhere!
Join us by signing up to volunteer and subscribing to our weekly newsletter. As a subscriber you will be first to know when we announce meetings and put out calls to action. Connect with us and help spread the word on social media, too!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We've defeated Trump. We won in Georgia and took the Senate. Now, we have a short window to save our democracy. Unified control of government offers only an opportunity for change --- what matters is what we do with it. Getting it done depends on all of us.
The Victory isn't the election, it's the legislation.
Help us with the following actions to enact the kind of structural reforms that will put power in the hands of the people.
1. Make DC the 51st state, H.R. 51.
2. Reform and bring balance to the federal courts. Expand the Supreme Court and the lower courts.
3. Eliminate the filibuster.
4. Enact the For the People Act, H.R. 1 -- legislation that would get money out of politics, expand voting rights, combat corruption, secure our elections and more.
5. Secure the John Lewis Voting Rights Act. H.R. 4, which would restore full protections of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
6. Support progressive candidates and initiatives and hold our elected officials accountable for representing our interests.
7. Support Indivisible's four core advocacy issues in addition to saving our democracy: economic justice, climate, health care and immigration with a connecting thread of racial justice through all of them.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter